Sign in to follow this  
Eluzi0n

[NEWS] Changes to admin recruitment

Hello everyone.

Recently I drafted up a suggestion to Xbonnik in regards of the admin recruitment process. Personally I feel too many people don't get a proper chance, but often they don't have the 48 hours needed. I've always exhibited understanding over this specific subject so that we don't take in admins that are barely active, and the way so far has been for the applicants to have enough hours, aswell as a well written application. But personally I felt this was too simplified, so I drafted this suggestion up and Xbonnik approved. Soon a new admin rank will come, and that rank will be dubbed "Trial Administrator".

This implementation makes more people eligible to get a chance, but at the same time kept on a short leash. This is to see how they act as an admin and how active they are.

What would a Trial Administrator do?

A Trial Administrator would more or less do the same tasks any other admin normally would do, but naturally with some restrictions. For example, they would have limited access to commands and SourceBans. I've listed some specifics revolving their position.

⦁    Can kick, mute and silence.
⦁    Can ban, but not permanent bans. Max 1 day bans.
⦁    Can involve and engage in issuing warnings to players for misconduct or rulebreaking. Kick/mute/ban accordingly.
⦁    Cannot change the map of a server.
⦁    Limited/no access to SourceBans.
⦁    Otherwise normal access to admin forums. (A Trial Admin guide will be written and put into Admin Information, optionally by myself personally)
⦁    Can only be admin of one server during their trial period.

How would Trial Administrators be hired?

Mostly like how it's always been done. But formerly, the required mandatory hours of 48 will be lowered to 24, as 48 hours isn't needed since they'll put a lot of hours into their trial period alone. And naturally, they would have to write an application with effort as always. If the application looks promising, an Admin Recruiter would invite the applicant to an interview to get to know the applicant, ask some general questions and if the circumstances allow it, give the applicant a test demo and have he/she review it to scan for rulebreaking. If that goes well, the application can be accepted.

Additionally, a Trial Administrator shall be assigned an experienced admin on the team to supervise and watch over the Trial Admin throughout the remainder of their trial period, to make sure they do their job well and spotless, aswell as guide them on how things are done. The supervising admin must report to the Head Admin of the server/Management/Co-Owner/Owner once a week in regards of the progress of the Trial Admin. Once 4 weeks has passed, one shall review whether the Trial Admin has performed the period successfully or not.

This will be implemented to make sure more good people get a chance at adminship. It also helps us weed out the people who don't perform well, or isn't as active as they are expected to. While we do make it somewhat easier at some areas, we make it harder at other areas. And since they're Trial Admins, the tolerance is shortened for them. So if they make too many mistakes in their trial period, one can either extend their period until they get whatever wrong they're doing right, or optionally suspend the admin.

We hope this implementation falls into good taste for you people out there, and we hope to get this functional as soon as possible. Thanks for reading :)

//Eluzi0n

• Like 6

Awesome work Eluzi0n.

--------------------------------

A couple of questions while we are at it:

> Do you still want our opinions regarding the admin application?

> Is it possible for you guys to make admins able to move people to spec? (i still miss it ;/)

> Do you want "the experienced admin" to watch them play, or check up on the bans/language/playtime etc.?

--------------------------------

Keep up the good work.

//Toby

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Toby said:

A couple of questions while we are at it:

> Do you still want our opinions regarding the admin application?

> Is it possible for you guys to make admins able to move people to spec? (i still miss it ;/)

> Do you want "the experienced admin" to watch them play, or check up on the bans/language/playtime etc.?

1. Of course we want other admins' opinions whenever people submit their application. Some admins might have good questions to ask or to point out some facts about the application that other admins might fail to ask but yet is important to ask, so I really hope all admins starts doing it :)

2. That's something you'd have to take up with Xbonnik, but I wouldn't disagree with you on that one.

3. Well technically, bans/language/playtime is normally checked while the application is still in the pending process. As for the other thing, let's just say the applicant applies to Retake servers and gets it approved. Then I or the other recruiters will assign a regular admin from Retake to supervise/guide the trial admin while he/she is still in trial, to make sure they do what they're supposed to do without any problems or misunderstandings. Kinda like a teacher. This can be anything, from commands to how they're supposed to act in certain situations.

1 minute ago, Eluzi0n said:

1. Of course we want other admins' opinions whenever people submit their application. Some admins might have good questions to ask or to point out some facts about the application that other admins might fail to ask but yet is important to ask, so I really hope all admins starts doing it :)

2. That's something you'd have to take up with Xbonnik, but I wouldn't disagree with you on that one.

3. Well technically, bans/language/playtime is normally checked while the application is still in the pending process. As for the other thing, let's just say the applicant applies to Retake servers and gets it approved. Then I or the other recruiters will assign a regular admin from Retake to supervise/guide the trial admin while he/she is still in trial, to make sure they do what they're supposed to do without any problems or misunderstandings. Kinda like a teacher. This can be anything, from commands to how they're supposed to act in certain situations.

Roger that captain, thanks for the answer.

• Like 1

I would really like to help here. I can help you with the guide if you want to :) Just hit me up on steam and we can make one. We should also have an admin to help these trial admins also if needed.

Sign in to follow this