Surf Update 06.06.2017

pretzL

After alot of lengthy hours and way too much zoning, we're back with quite the hefty update for the surf server. In total, 81 maps have been added to both servers, several maps have undergone some fixes and we've decided to clarify some of our rules. Some of the maps added have previously been on the servers, but were removed due to bugs. These maps should now be operating normally, but if you experience something out of the ordinary, please let me know. Also, scroll down to the bottom of the changelog to see some very good news ;) 

Expect more to come in the future, though we'll halt the mass-map adding process for a while. In the mean time, continue to request maps and suggest fixes :)

Changelog

• Map additions
    • Tier 1-2 Server
      • Tier 1
        • surf_crzyfrog_reloaded_fix
        • surf_rooftops_v2
        • surf_lavaflow
        • surf_horizon_njv
        • surf_reytx
        • surf_colum_2
        • surf_minecraft_2016_final
      • Tier 2
        • surf_torrent_njv
        • surf_ny_platinium
        • surf_fruits
        • surf_orthodox
        • surf_dank
        • surf_kz_mix_journeys
        • surf_network_2009
        • surf_oma
        • surf_zbig_rc2
        • surf_aeron
        • surf_halloween_tf2
        • surf_flyin_fortress
        • surf_domain
        • surf_gold1
        • surf_surprise
        • surf_duggywuggy
        • surf_hearth_fix
        • surf_atrium
    • Tier 3-6 Server
      • Tier 3
        • surf_loentra_ez
        • surf_lost
        • surf_dreams
        • surf_fruits2
        • surf_abstinens
        • surf_happyhands3
        • surf_happyhands4
        • surf_miracle
        • surf_psi_fixed
        • surf_ripper
        • surf_sandstorm2
        • surf_strafe
        • surf_tioga060
        • surf_vale
        • surf_friday
        • surf_tenacious
        • surf_meme
        • surf_industries
        • surf_fast
        • surf_kaboom
        • surf_deceptive_final
        • surf_phantoml0rd_beta
        • surf_minimumwage
        • surf_reactor
        • surf_second_ksf
      • Tier 4
        • surf_exurbia2
        • surf_shady
        • surf_y
        • surf_sc_colours
        • surf_lepidus
        • surf_swagtoast
        • surf_sh
        • surf_sunset2_fix
        • surf_halloween
        • surf_nemesis
        • surf_pandemonium_njv
        • surf_lab
        • surf_urban
        • surf_awakening
        • surf_alend
        • surf_mephobia
        • surf_proliferation
      • Tier 5
        • surf_shady_h
        • surf_trapped
        • surf_disneyland
        • surf_aux
        • surf_eon
        • surf_kinetic
        • surf_unusual_njv
        • surf_diamond_beta1
        • surf_antimatter_v2
      • Tier 6
        • surf_valpect
        • surf_marah
        • surf_acerbus
        • surf_sinister2
  • Map fixes
    • surf_ing_njv
      • Added checkpoints
    • surf_akai_final
      • Added checkpoints
    • surf_forgotten
      • Fixed an exploit to skip around 50% of the map. Thanks @Rossishere
    • surf_atlas_1
      • Fixed an exploit to gain more speed. As a result, some times have been deleted
    • surf_simpsons_go_c2
      • Removed most skips as these were unintended. As a result, all times below 1min 30s have been removed (around top 70 completions)
    • surf_tempest2
      • Fixed the issue that was causing this map's .nav file to crash during mapload
  • Bonus fixes
    • surf_forgotten
      • Bonus 2
        • Fixed startzone to use the entire starting area
        • Fixed endzones to use the entire ending area
    • surf_etheral
      • Bonus 2
        • Fixed an exploit to get more speed. As a result, some times have been deleted.
  • Rule changes
    • We want everyone to know that superboosting/crouchboosting any booster is considered cheating. Times will be removed and eventually players will be banned should the problem persist. The only exceptions to this rule are the following maps:
      • surf_trance_ksf
      • surf_year3000
      • surf_primetime_r3vamp
      • This list will be updated as we go. For now, assume any map not on this list is under the no-superboosting rule.
  • Tier 3-6 Server
    • This server has been gone for a while, but we've decided to replace our admin development server with a backup of the Tier 3-6 server. This means that some maps may be missing from the actual server, but most should be present. The new maps have been added to this server. The new IP is: 217.170.204.118:27123

As always, thank you for your continued support of Recess.no and it's servers. Everyone in the surf admin-team hopes you enjoy these changes and continue to stick with us :)

Have a great summer!

• Like 2