servany

Server crash after rank 1

Is it common that the server crashes after a rank 1? it has happened 2 times in a row now on bhop_treehouse3

Edit:

Got answer regarding the issue already but i'll just leave it here incase some were not aware.

Edited by servany

Would you mind supplying the answer you got? It may be beneficial for others who come asking the same question. That way other admins can reply to them with the same answer or it may help an admin facing the same issue.

(I´m assuming its related to there being no .nav file created. When someone finishes the map first, the .nav file has to be created, but if it´s happening every time someone beats the SR then something mysterious is afoot).

I was told that the computer you usually run this server on overheated, and the pc you are using for the hosting now is a bit weaker so the server crashes sometimes.

The reason it happens exactly when someone does a rank 1 i do not know, but that might be something related with the bot, that it has to be "recreated" for the new run or whatever.

And both of the times i did complete the map before i got the rank 1, and that worked fine, but the second i was quicker than the current SR then it was instacrash. 

I did continue trying and the server worked fine for a good few hours after those two incidents, and then i had to go so i can't say what happpened afterwards.

Sounds very weird...

It is correct that one of the dataservers recess owns had it's MOBO fried, resulting in a few servers being hosted on a weaker one, but this should not result in crashes left n right - especially not recreatable crashes. If the server really is going down every time someone beats an SR, I'm willing to bet it's either plugin-related or SQL related - both of which @Xbonnik could take a look at. Sounds like a pretty serious and annoying issue to me tbh.

Yeah, I don't think it is due to the dataserver either, but the very annoying thing is that if you get rank 1 and the server crashes then you lose your pr at the map, so if you improve your rank 1 time and it crashes you lose rank 1 aswell.

Edited by servany

3 hours ago, servany said:

Yeah, I don't think it is due to the dataserver either, but the very annoying thing is that if you get rank 1 and the server crashes then you lose your pr at the map, so if you improve your rank 1 time and it crashes you lose rank 1 aswell.

Definitely sounds like a database error. Something's fucking the logging of the records specifically for updating SRs...

This happened a lot in the past also, and now it started to crash a lot again these last weeks. It also happened to me when I got like #4 place, so I don't think it's only when you get SR. We tried in the past to fix it too, but I don't think we managed to find the issue. 

Is the timer a timer you guys have made or is it a public one? i can look around a little aswell if thats of any help. 

10 minutes ago, servany said:

Is the timer a timer you guys have made or is it a public one? i can look around a little aswell if thats of any help. 

It's a paid timer I believe, pretty sure it's blacky timer we use on bhop :) 

Hm, maybe getting in contact with the guy that has made the timer would be a good idea, to see if he have heard anything from other customers aswell.

We use a port of blackys timer from css made by rumour.

It started to the bhop server ever since the server got overheaten and yes it has something to do with the database. Hopefully it will soon be fixed same with bots getting lots of speed and crashes the server 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RoE said:

Pretty sure this problem has nothing to do with the server.

It doesn't, as more or less every admin here already has said xD

It's a database error, not a server error.