Sign in to follow this  
pretzL

General Suggestions and Feature Requests

Here you can input any suggestion you may have for the servers as far as features or settings go.

The form to do so is as follows:

Feature:
Suggestion:

Where "Feature" is more like a title to briefly explain what your suggestion relates to and "Suggestion" is a way for you to explain your idea or suggestion more in-depth.

Feature: Persist weapon settings

Suggestion:

Weapons settings should be persisted. Currently we have to do !knife each time we respawn (like after spectating) or rejoining the server. Can't use number keys to change weapons to knife?

People like different settings, some like have no weapons shown. Personally I feel off when I don't have the knife up.

Feature: Special nomination menu

Suggestion:

Add a nomination menu with a command such as !nominate_unfinished or !unominate to get a list of unfinished maps on the active server (T1-T2, T3-T6, Whitelist T1-6). Another one with unfinished bonuses is also nice!

Finding maps you haven't completed yet is very annoying and the current !rank->unfinished maps is really annoying to use.

Feature: Fix !rank->Unfinished Maps

Suggestion:

The command should only list maps on the current server. It also seems to not be missing some maps?

Feature: Add extra timer precision for stage records

Suggestion:

With the stage record additions we see a lot of times being SR:+00:00 for stages with a lot of competition, having an extra digit here would be very meaningful. New format would be: SR:+00:002.

Feature: Rename SR to MR

Suggestion:

With "Stage Records" being added refering to them as acronyms is annoying because we already use SR for "Server Record". Changing "Server Record" to "Map Record" makes a lot of sense.

SR: Stage Record

MR: Map Record

Feature: Spectator list

Suggestion:

Show who is spectating you and/or add an option to toggle spectator number + spectator list.

Feature: Log stage records to console

Suggestion:

Log messages like "Player X beat stage 3 record with time: xx:yy:zz (SR: -00:01)" to the client console.

With all the new messages popping up in chat, finding the message of who and what stage were beaten can be annoying, so looking into the console helps, mostly because it can hold way more messages.

Feature: Add back button on !top stages menu

Suggestion:

When viewing stage records (using !top->stages->stageN) it would be nice with a back button that takes you back one step. Currently you have to exit the menu, write !top again, go into stages again... Especially annoying on maps with many stages.

Edited by 【Queaw】
Forgot one
  • Like 2

Thank you for the fantastic suggestions, Queaw!

Feature: Persist weapon settings

This is currently being worked on. Additionally, we want to make it possible to drop weapons entirely.

Feature: Special nomination menu

This is something I'd very much like to implement, but would require a massive rewrite of our current database and how the server handles maps and nominate list. I'm not sure this is something we will be able to do in the near future, but definitely something I'll keep in mind for the future!

Feature: Fix !rank->Unfinished Maps

This feature was removed in our recent update to the timer, unfortunately. The current fork we use does have a web API available, which we will try to implement so you can check everything timer-related on the website.

Feature: Rename SR to MR

This is a very good suggestion to solve some confusion. I'll see to it that this goes into our next update.

Feature: Spectator list

This is another unfortunate side-effect of our timer update. It's something I very much wish to bring back and hopefully will be back in the very near future.

Feature: Log stage records to console

This is a relatively simple implementation, I believe, so I'll look into making it happen tonight. I think we'll keep timer information popping up in chat, but implement this as an additional feature.

Feature: Add back button on !top stages menu

Another unfortunate side-effect of our update. I do believe you're working on a fix for this? ;)

• Like 1